![]() |
| Samuel checking their spiritual understanding before praying to receive Christ. |
An online journal to share news and photos from the Garrisons and the ministry of Vision Nationals in Nepal.
About Me
- Joel and Sue Garrison
- The Garrisons are serving with Vision Nationals in Nepal along with their sons Isaac and Elliot
Saturday, November 20, 2010
New Believers in Bhaktapur
Yesterday, Samuel and Joel went to one of our church plants in Bhaktapur, an old city near Kathmandu. There are about 80 members in this year old church. A very zealous group of Believers. They had enjoyed baptizing six new believers on Friday. After Joel spoke in the service Saturday morning, we went to another room to have tea. Samuel said that these two young people, a brother and sister, wanted to receive Christ. They were the children of one of the men who was baptized the day before. Samuel checked their understanding from the Word and then prayed with them. Joel asked them why they were choosing Christ. The girl, 17, said, "I am a sinner. I was tired of worshiping idols. I got no peace of joy from that. But I saw peace and joy in my family who had given their lives to Christ. I want that too." For these Newari people, choosing Christ means being cut off from all relatives, so this is no small decision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment